 Marketplace / Services / *360 (-20)
  Warning for PayPal Users who use CASH

The below link points out some information about PayPal that users of the service may not be aware of. (URL) states that people who use PayPal without using the Credit Card option have no recourse if they have a dispute with the person that they (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

(...) Okay, thanx Dan. My password was originally longer than 10, and got auto-truncated to 10 chars. I'll just have to get used to the shorter version..., this reeks of effort :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

(...) Uh, thanx. But the thread started out about userid truncations, not passwords. Thus why I asked. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

(...) The password is limited to 10 chars and there is a MAXLENGTH=10 block on the 2 screens where you can enter or change your password - upon registration and general preferences. (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

Anybody else have their password get truncated to 10 chars? Mine just did this today. I had to retrieve my password to find out what it was now because I couldn't log in. Also, I tried to email Dan (I guess) at admin@brickbay.com and I got a message (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

(...) Yeah, me too. I went all paranoid after the security conference I went to last week and I KNOW I locked down some of my machines tight enough to make weird things happen, but this has happened even on my laptop which I've done nothing to. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

"Rob Doucette" <rob.doucette@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:G5vw6q.8BM@lugnet.com... (...) has (...) Speaking of Brickbay login problems, has anyone else had problems with the "Remember Me" option? I have had to enter my Brickbay password (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay Login Problem

(...) Dan fixed it, super fast. Brickbay Rocks! -Rob. DoucetteNet LEGO® on Brickbay: (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Advertising, sure... good idea, but what do you mean when you say "an IPO"? That they should find some sucker investors to buy stock in a company that doesn't have a revenue model and fund operating expenses out of capital, forever? Or did you (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

I'd prefer they pay for it with advertising and an IPO. But seriously, if the costs of CC transactions are part of the industry then they should have introduced some of nominal transaction fee from the start, even 1%-2%, and then raised it from (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Or something. (...) So, does this mean personal accounts can no longer recieve payments over $100.00 by credit card? Argh. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal & Billpoint

I refuse to use Paypal (although I guess I couldn't anyway) since I can never get them to verify any of my credit card addresses. (I have no idea why this is) I don't like BidPay mostly because of the $5.00 flat fee. I haven't looked at Billpoint. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

This seems an apporpriate place to put in a plug for Yahoo!s PayDirect. It's still free and the best part (that I like) is that I can immediately move funds to a CC in the form of a CC credit. Since I buy most everything with a CC, it works out (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  RE: More changes at Paypal & Billpoint

Hey all I opened a Billpoint account at eBay. It is free to open, charges 2.5% + $0.35 per transaction, +.5% sweep fee. This way I use PayPal most of the time, or send them to BidPay to buy a MO. If the customer really does not want to cover the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Personally, I think the BUYER should pay the fee. But I don't think they can legally do that due to the CC laws in place in the US, so there's not much we can do about it. As it is, I'm going to have to start charging people 2% more if they (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

FYI, I opened a new Personal account after converting my old one to a Premier, and they don't seem to be complaining about it. The only real problem is that you can't use the same bank account for both PayPal accounts. That doesn't really matter too (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) I could have sworn I got an e-mail announcing this. I know I saw it a couple weeks ago on their site under notices. As for the bank account being the default option - I consider that a good thing. As a seller who doesn't want to upgrade to the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Well, perhaps you'd prefer they eliminated the free option? What they are doing can't be done for free. They are almost certainly being charged by a credit card clearing house to process the credit card transactions. Where do you propose they (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

Don't you love these people? It's OK to suck money OUT of your bank accounts pretty much unlimited but not the other way around. It also peeves me that the default payment option is the bank account given and now you really have to dig to use the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact