 Marketplace / Services / 345
Re: More changes at Paypal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:05:45 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

In lugnet.market.services, William Brumbach writes:
Don't you love these people?  It's OK to suck money OUT of your bank
accounts pretty much unlimited but not the other way around.  It also peeves
me that the default payment option is the bank account given and now you
really have to dig to use the credit card option.  Of course, that's just my
opinion, I could be wrong.

Well, perhaps you'd prefer they eliminated the free option? What they are doing
can't be done for free. They are almost certainly being charged by a credit
card clearing house to process the credit card transactions. Where do you
propose they get this money from? It's also not clear to me that bank drafts
are without charge, so we may be being lucky there also.

Personally, I think the BUYER should pay the fee.  But I don't think they can
legally do that due to the CC laws in place in the US, so there's not much we can
do about it.

As it is, I'm going to have to start charging people 2% more if they are going to
fund the transaction with a CC.