 Marketplace / Services / 348
Re: More changes at Paypal & Billpoint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:57:27 GMT

I refuse to use Paypal (although I guess I couldn't anyway) since I can
never get them to verify any of my credit card addresses.  (I have no idea
why this is)  I don't like BidPay mostly because of the $5.00 flat fee.  I
haven't looked at Billpoint.  The biggest problem I had with Paypal is that
it wouldn't verify my credit cards and it became obvious very quickly there
was no customer service at all there.
As a matter of fact the last two people I bought stuff from said they were
pulling out of Paypal since it didn't seem you could get a problem fixed.
I'm still looking for a better solution.

Matt

In lugnet.market.services, Mark & Milissa Millére writes:
Hey all

I opened a Billpoint account at eBay.  It is free to open, charges 2.5% + $0.35
per transaction, +.5% sweep fee.

This way I use PayPal most of the time, or send them to BidPay to buy a MO. If
the customer really does not want to cover the fees at BidPay, I look at what
they bought to see if I can eat the 3%, and then send them an "invoice" from
Billpoint.

All my international orders have used BidPay so far. I would say the overall
breakdown is 50% BidPay, 40% PayPal and 10% Billpoint.

This is the best solution Mark and I have come up with so far.  It is easier I
think than tracking 2 PayPal accounts.

Thanx,

Milissa Millére
Visit my LEGO store, Millére's Spares