 Marketplace / Services / 343
Re: More changes at Paypal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, William Brumbach writes:
Don't you love these people?  It's OK to suck money OUT of your bank
accounts pretty much unlimited but not the other way around.  It also peeves
me that the default payment option is the bank account given and now you
really have to dig to use the credit card option.  Of course, that's just my
opinion, I could be wrong.

I could have sworn I got an e-mail announcing this.  I know I saw it a
couple weeks ago on their site under notices.

As for the bank account being the default option - I consider that a good
thing.  As a seller who doesn't want to upgrade to the premier account and
get zapped for about 3% per transaction, I want it to be as easy as possible
for buyers to buy using their checking account.  If Paypal gives ALL
accounts the ability to choose which methods of payment to accept or not
accept I will be shutting off the ability to receive credit card payments.