 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 675
    The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Ed Jones
   I just received this box and I am majorly depressed. The intention of these boxes was to offer people the opportunity to trade elements in good condition that they didn't use to get elements in good condition that they wanted/needed. Upon opening (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Other Boxes (was Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1) —James Brown
     (...) <snipped description of contents> (...) I can only vouch for those I've seen. General box #5 (moved on) is the worst one I've seen, with maybe ~10% parts in less-than-ideal condition(1), but no pieces (that I recall) were broken, or in a state (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Ed Jones
   After sorting through the box, I was able to assembly some complete minfigs (most of the heads are not original and only 1 of the helmets has its visor): 5 Wild West black bandits (4 missing scarfs), 3 Willas (1 missing a hat, no capes), 4 red Ninja (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Scott Edward Sanburn
     Don't worry, Ed. If that box ever comes my way, I will be sure to relieve it of the air tanks and put in there something more pallable (SP?). Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Doug Finney
   I can understand the partial minifigs - if somebody wants a black witch hat but has no use for an entire witch it's silly for them not to leave the rest of the fig in the box. But if people do trades like taking all the non-yellow hands and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Ed Jones
   (...) I have no problem with canibalizing complete figs for legs, heads, torsos or headgear, I do it to my own minfigs all the time. But I found it incredibly rude to take hands and arms and not replace them. (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Tom Stangl
   Well, the box came to me (first person to get it), with many old, beat up, missing lots of parts type torsos (after all, Todd originally said these were parts he was considering throwing away), so some of those in the box are probably the originals. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Ed Jones
   (...) I am relieved to hear this. I, mistakenly, thought that someone had taken good condition pieces and replaced them with the "many old, beat up, missing lots of parts type torsos". My faith in the participants of Jambalaya is restored. (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Larry Pieniazek
   My thoughts on MFB1 and the general state of things. When this box left me (after Todd gave me the stuff to partition as I see fit) it had a lot of very beat up minifigs. The debate swirled around what to do with it. I had already put some minifigs (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Paul Sinasohn
   (...) Chris is not necessarily to blame for that situation with his original box - the one Tammy is not tracking. I probably am, as I more than doubled the weight of the box, and some of that doubling was in basic bricks. But I put a lot of other (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

        Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1 —Paul Sinasohn
   (...) I forgot to sign that... Paul Sinasohn, in Oakland. (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)