 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 676
675  |  677
Subject:
Other Boxes (was Re: The Sad State of Minifig Box #1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:35:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Ed Jones writes:
I just received this box and I am majorly depressed. • <snipped description of contents>
I had set aside 20 brand new minifigs to trade into the box.  I doubt that
I'll take even 4 out of the box.

Someone please tell me that the rest of the Jambalaya boxes have not
degenerated into 40% garbage?

I can only vouch for those I've seen.

General box #5 (moved on) is the worst one I've seen, with maybe ~10% parts in
less-than-ideal condition(1), but no pieces (that I recall) were broken, or in
a state where I would consider trashing them.

Technic box #1 (currently in my possession) appears to be in excellent shape,
with good condition parts.  I haven't had a chance to really go over it yet,
though.

Drab box #1 (moved on) is the best I seen, and had maybe 1 or 2 percent parts
in less-than-ideal condition(1).  I will further vouch (since about 3/4 of the
box came from me) that most of the parts were in new or like-new condition,
especially the basic bricks.

1:Which, in this case doesn't mean bad, it just means "not shiny new"; i.e.
scratched or worn, a few of them had very mild tooth mangling.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/