 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 675
674  |  676
Subject:
The Sad State of Minifig Box #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:22:12 GMT

I just received this box and I am majorly depressed.

The intention of these boxes was to offer people the opportunity to trade
elements in good condition that they didn't use to get elements in good
condition that they wanted/needed.

Upon opening Minifig Box #1, the first thing that caught my eye was the sheer
number of filthy, chewed, broken minifig elements.  The package even contained
Human Hairs!

After sorting the contents, there are over 60 elements that I am considering
just throwing into the trash.  I certainly would never want to keep or use
them.  In fact I used a napkin to pluck them out.  At least 15
gnarled/wornoff/filthy classic smileys, a bunch of broken helmets of all sorts,
and broken, chewed legs and torsos.

The majority of the torsos in the box are missing hands if they have arms at
all.  What's even stranger is that a lot only have left arms with no hands.
What happened to the right arms?

What's left of any use?  A lot of Fright Knight and Witch torsos and helmets,
some ninja torsos (missing hands), about 20 good legs, a lot of Timmy and Witch
heads, a few Wild West and Pirate torsos, a couple Star Wars Torsos, a lot of
Wild West guns and some assorted cowboy hats and space/race helmets (including
4 salvagable Classic Space helmets).

The box also contains 3 horses, 1 monkey, some of the large early minfig
parts, and alot of accessories, not necessarily a bad thing, but again, the
majority of accessories are backpacks and life jackets.

I had set aside 20 brand new minifigs to trade into the box.  I doubt that I'll
take even 4 out of the box.

Someone please tell me that the rest of the Jambalaya boxes have not
degenerated into 40% garbage?