 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1244
Re: Minifig Box #2, another update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 02:19:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Paul Sinasohn writes:
I would argue for leaving the Belville and Technic figures in.

As long as we remind people of the "don't overwhelm the Jambalaya boxes with
one type of part, especially parts that people are less likely to be
interested in because everyone has too many of them" convention

That's why I brought this up in the first place. It's quite clear to me that
this is already happening to some scale; There are at least five Johnny T's,
multiple octan torsos, a few willa torsos, a whole bunch of the red divers
that everyone got with clearanced 6441, and a few Timmy torsos & heads. I was
intending to put in some octans myself until I saw the box; but I probably
won't now.

I don't see a
problem with having some Bellville and Technic figures in a minifig box (I
even traded Technic fig for Technic fig when one of the boxes came by here).
It does sound like they might be reaching an excessive quantity, in which case
it might be time to consider an intervention stop like we did for General Box
#3 when it overflowed with wheels.

Again, that's what I had in mind. I wouldn't mind the bother, while someone
else might; so if we do want to do something about it, I guess now would be a
good time. It's not that I totally oppose having them, but together with the
stiffies and the other old-figs (1) they are a major part of the weight and
volume of the box. Shipping costs could probably be decreased if they are
taken out. But the question is, are most people who are signed up for the box
interested in them? If so, I'll leave them in.

-Shiri

(1) the type with bear-claw arms, and removable hairs.