 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1075
RE: General Box #5 (& #4)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 04:53:37 GMT

GB #4 finally arrived today (UPS was *slow*) so I'll chime in on this
subject as well. There's no paper in this one and I'm not adding any.
I definitely agree about recent catalogs but I would think older
catalogs (and instructions) are likely to catch somebody's interest.
I think my biggest peeve is regular bricks in common colors. Even
new they're generally not worth more than a cent or two so when a
significant percentage of a boxes weight is bricks the bang-for-
the-buck factor takes a serious hit. I took about half of the bricks
out and didn't put any back in so hopefully the mix will be a bit
more interesting for the next person.

There are a fair number of wheels here, too. Sounds like there are
some trends developing as far as what people don't want. :-) I'll
post a more detailed account of what I took and added in the GB #4
thread for those that like that sort of thing.

Doug

Mookie wrote:
Frank Filz wrote:

Perhaps it's out of place to comment on contributions to the Jambalaya
boxes, but I will anywise...

I would really rather not see recent catalogs (GB#3 had 3 recent North
American catalogs, I pulled them out) or instructions in general. These
add a lot of weight and not much value (I just recently tossed a grocery
bag full of catalogs in the recycling bin, after keeping several of each
catalog for possible future trades). Broken or poor condition parts
should be saved for one of the junk boxes. I'd also rather not see
bricks with eyes and mouths. (How many people don't have a bazzilion
more of these than they need?)

I can agree with this, we need to keep them interesting :) I also agree
on the catalogs if they are older ones you have a few extra of and want
to contribute those, that's fine. Though anything in the last 3 years
I'd have to say everyone's got more than enough of those. If someone
wants anything from the last 3 years I'd suggest you post a message and
I'll bet you get at least 5 messages of someone offering one to you..

Also, keep the eye bricks please.. I've got probably 100 of each of them
as I'm sure some people probably have 10x's that...
Remember, we are trying to keep the box interesting.. and you want to
make sure someone else has the same chance you have of finding something
in the box that they really need.