 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1071
Re: General Box #5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 23:22:23 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Perhaps it's out of place to comment on contributions to the Jambalaya
boxes, but I will anywise...

I would really rather not see recent catalogs (GB#3 had 3 recent North
American catalogs, I pulled them out) or instructions in general. These
add a lot of weight and not much value (I just recently tossed a grocery
bag full of catalogs in the recycling bin, after keeping several of each
catalog for possible future trades). Broken or poor condition parts
should be saved for one of the junk boxes. I'd also rather not see
bricks with eyes and mouths. (How many people don't have a bazzilion
more of these than they need?)

I can agree with this, we need to keep them interesting :) I also agree
on the catalogs if they are older ones you have a few extra of and want
to contribute those, that's fine. Though anything in the last 3 years
I'd have to say everyone's got more than enough of those. If someone
wants anything from the last 3 years I'd suggest you post a message and
I'll bet you get at least 5 messages of someone offering one to you..

Also, keep the eye bricks please.. I've got probably 100 of each of them
as I'm sure some people probably have 10x's that...
Remember, we are trying to keep the box interesting.. and you want to
make sure someone else has the same chance you have of finding something
in the box that they really need.

but I've already had the box a bit too long (I need to start a
box of potential Jambalaya contributions).

tis ok, you've been trying to increase the value of the box which I
think gives you a break on the time restraints.

If JB#2 doesn't make it to me soon, I'm going to start a new Junk Box as
a replacement. I've probably got plenty to make a decent box.

Also a reminder: I have a couple quarts of abused and discolored basic
bricks and plates from JB#1. If anyone wants those, I can ship them to
you (and you can put an extra contribution in the next Jambalaya box you
get).

Keep these, start a 2nd box with them, I don't think JB2 is ever going
to resurface and if it does, we'll deal with that then :)  I've been
toying with the idea of starting another box myself to replace this one,
though I haven't had the chance to dig anything out and look at it to
see what I've got... Most of my older Lego has too many memories so I
can't get rid of that no matter how bad it looks :) though I've got a
bunch of stuff that's new, yet is junk to me.. stuff I'll never use..

If you start another box Frank, contact me, I'll send you a bunch of
stuff to put into the box so we can round it out a bit more.

Tamy

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com