 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1070
Re: General Box #5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 23:10:08 GMT

Gee Frank, you should have let me know about the miscolored bucket before you
mailed me GB#3... I'm a fool for a deal, and I'm looking for some canidates to
play LEGO meets a Dremel... (I am anticipating some homebrew pneumatic parts
that are going to need LEGO clothing...)

Dave

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Frank Filz writes:
Christopher Weeks wrote:
I added the bundle of catalogs and manuals from the Weeks J, an old
motorcycle w/ a cracked fork, a bellville silver bucket with handle, a
baggy of bricks with eyes printed on them, a large baggy of slopes.  I
think it's leaving me with a little more value, a lot more choices, and
some paper.

Perhaps it's out of place to comment on contributions to the Jambalaya
boxes, but I will anywise...

I would really rather not see recent catalogs (GB#3 had 3 recent North
American catalogs, I pulled them out) or instructions in general. These
add a lot of weight and not much value (I just recently tossed a grocery
bag full of catalogs in the recycling bin, after keeping several of each
catalog for possible future trades). Broken or poor condition parts
should be saved for one of the junk boxes. I'd also rather not see
bricks with eyes and mouths. (How many people don't have a bazzilion
more of these than they need?)

Of course I'm never sure if what I'm putting in is reasonable, so
perhaps I should just go back to my corner.

Box weight needs to be kept to the point that the parts you take out are
worth the shipping. If shipping goes much above $5, it's going to be
hard to take out usefull stuff, and put in stuff which keeps the variety
in the box decent (I'm not sure we should be concerned with increasing
the value of the box, so much as keeping it interesting).

GB#3 is very marginal right now. I pulled a lot of wheels out (some for
Larry, some for Tom, and some with discolored or abused hubs to be saved
for JB#2). I put a variety of stuff in, and would have looked for more
stuff, but I've already had the box a bit too long (I need to start a
box of potential Jambalaya contributions).

If JB#2 doesn't make it to me soon, I'm going to start a new Junk Box as
a replacement. I've probably got plenty to make a decent box.

Also a reminder: I have a couple quarts of abused and discolored basic
bricks and plates from JB#1. If anyone wants those, I can ship them to
you (and you can put an extra contribution in the next Jambalaya box you
get).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com