 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6641
Re: Trading King Leo's Castle OPENED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:59:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:
That was a fairly serious offer above.  In my mind, one of my 6090's is worth
4 6091's.  And that's the 6090 that has been built and put back in the box,
not the MISB ones.

If you don't mind my asking: what are you doing with so many OLD castle sets
in MISB condition?

Whenever I buy even multiple sets, they are for ME.  When I told a friend that
I was buying some Blacktron I stuff MISB, she seemed to think I was going to
keep the sets in that state -- which I will NOT!  I gleefully tear into MISB
stuff all the time and store the bricks with all of my other stuff, although
admittedly seperating out the minis and other unusual stuff for slightly more
careful treatment (actually, I am fairly gentle to everything).  The only
thing that prevents me from clearing out my "new acquisition" shelves and
trashing the boxes where the elements currently reside is the time it takes to
sort them and enter them into the collective.  To me the fun of MISB is that I
am assured that the elements aren't damaged in any significant way (lord knows
some elements come out of the package with HUGE scratches), that they won't
need washing or any other special treatment before use.

Do you actually collect mutliples of a set in MISB condition?  And if yes, to
what end?  I have theoretically understood that some people do this, but I
just don't get it...I can't understand the fun of bricks rattling around in
their packages when they could be rattling around in my plastic tubs and be at
hand for use in building something.  Perhaps you build, but I tried the links
at your several pages and didn't readily find any MOC info.  Did I miss it?

And if Mike can't answer this question (because I am not really sure of his
habits anyway), could someone who does collect in the MISB fashion try to
answer it?  What's the interest in MISB as such?  What good are a bunch of
boxes of bricks that you don't even intend on using?  The "sealed" part means
you aren't even looking at the pamphlets and instructions, right?

-- Richard