 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5196
Re: My Lego is being held hostage!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:30:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Franklin W. Cain writes:
that you post the identity of this crook so that he can't easily do this to
some *other* innocent, unsuspecting LUGNetter...  (Would *you* have traded
with this guy if you had known he'd done something like this to someone
else?...)

The story as described is truly outrageous and I think the participants
holding the lego "hostage" have nerve beyond explanation.  But, unless they
refuse to come through on the deal there is no cause to list their names
anywhere as "bad traders."  The libel angle here is so obvious that I assume
its not actually worth discussing.

I have had several bad deals ranging from ridiculously long waits for the
goods, damaged goods, goods not in the condition described, parts exchanged
for similar parts of another color, etc., etc.  Am I angry?  You bet I am,
each and every one of these traders/dealers owed me the professionalism and
honesty of knowing their merchandise and dealing with me in an honest and
straight-forward manner.  And nothing makes me as hot as bad eBay deals where
one pays top dollar to deal with amateurs!!!  When people try to screw me, I
usually just let them have it with some VERY choice words by email and I am
not terribly polite about it either (I figure its in the way of a bad deal
either by commission or omission, either way I have been wronged).  Usually,
after hassles of one kind or another, I am satisfied in whole or in part.
Patience being the key word here.

Basically, its the risks of our silly lego hobby -- you pay and take your
chances.

On the other hand, by trading Lego online I have met some really nice people
who are as honest as can be.  People I would like to meet in person if the
occasion arises.  There are all sorts out there and some are of the highest
quality of persons.

I figure you have to do what you can for yourself by email, and then just let
it go.  A "bad trader" list is to judge someone by their weakest moment and
seems at least a little unfair to me.

And there is always the fact that you likely have the bad traders
address....hehehe...

=)

-- Richard