 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5179
Re: My Lego is being held hostage!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Arthur writes:
My Lego is being held hostage!

I thought I'd share this, I'm not looking for sympathy.

This is a rather bizarre story which, I'm sure, will end well. It involves 3
AFOLS:

Mr A
Mr B
Myself

I did a trade with both A & B for a large amount of Lego.  Over the last few
days A & B meet to do a separate trade, and decide to save on shipping by
mailing all my sets together (I have no problem with this). So, B gives A my
sets and toddles home.  Afterwards, A looks at what B has given him in their
trade, and decides he is not quite happy. To remedy the situation he e-mails
me:

++++
Scott,
I now have your sets and there are a few issues with me and B. I am using
your sets to get the rest of mine, until I do so, the remainder of your
order is at my home at the moment, the reason for this is because I am not
happy with the outcome of my part of the trade.

Your sets are safe, I will not sell them or anything like that.

Let me know what you think.

++++

I think A expects me to get uptight, and give B a hard time on his behalf (I
have no intention of doing this).

I'm not too worried right now, but I suppose this situation has the
potential to run & run.

Scott A

Well, even if you haven't and don't expect sympathy, I feel for you anyway.
(My, that was a bizarre story.)

Rich (Who is already estatic with everything he has gotten from Scott)
--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)
Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****