 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5185
Re: My Lego is being held hostage!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:35:15 GMT

Yeah...it's pretty serious when someone takes your money or parts on a deal,
and A. doesn't give you what the deal called for, B. keeps merchandise of
yours that belonged to a separate deal, and C. tries to use the situation to
control you.

Print hard copies of all your correspondence (I hope you save email) and
take it to the police.

--

Paul Davidson

Dave Stiles <Turbowolf@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Franklin W. Cain writes:
Three words: "Bad Trader Alert"...

OTOH, this may instead qualify as Theft, and not Extortion.
(I'm not a lawyer, so what do I know, eh?)

When a person exerts unauthorized control of anothers property without
permission it is theft. If a person asks for an exchange of items or goods • for
the return of property its extortion. Either way its a crime and if I was • the
victim, I'd be looking for a local law enforcemnt Officer to lend me the
silver bracelets and a summons for court to answer to charges. Just my two
cents. And better yet, if they take the property then demand the services,
goods, or money....both crimes can be charged here in WA.

Chief Dave