 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5187
Re: My Lego is being held hostage!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:39:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Davidson writes:
Yeah...it's pretty serious when someone takes your money or parts on a deal,
and A. doesn't give you what the deal called for, B. keeps merchandise of
yours that belonged to a separate deal, and C. tries to use the situation to
control you.

Print hard copies of all your correspondence (I hope you save email) and
take it to the police.

Having been burned on an auction or two myself, I can certainly understand the
desire for caution, especially concerning such bizarre circumstances.
However, is it necessary for the first response to be a litigious one?  I
think my initial course would be an Email stating my position and my
dissatisfaction before involving legal authorities.  Has this option been
tried?
  Certainly all Emails and correspondence should be retained, but one would
hope that the situation could be resolved without escalating it too much.
Granted, the other party has demonstrated some weird practices, but might an
appropriately-stated message be sufficient at least to clarify Scott’s
position?

     Dave!