 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3343
RE: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 01:26:45 GMT

I don't think it's an issue at all. It's obviously not illegal to make
Lego-compatable pieces (ref. Tyco, Megablox, as well as non-clones that
can be connected to Lego), just duplicating Lego pieces for which the
patent hasn't expired. If you made a pitchfork exactly like the Lego
version you might face some opposition but designing your own and
certainly doing completely unique accessories should be fine, regardless
of any profit you may or may not be making.

Doug

True enough, you can do what you like on your own time in your
own space. But
you see if I'm making battleaxes or blaster rifles, other AFOL's out there
might want some. So profit isn't entirely the issue as much as
cost recovery.

I guess my true question is that if I make 'em then sell 'em.....
At cost of course...

I suppose that muddies the waters a tad bit.
Sorry I didn't think of it earlier

K.M.