 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3109
  I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

Does anybody have a pitchfork from the castle sets for sale? I just haven't been able to find one at all. Let me know if you do, it would be very appreciated! (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) I'll have more than I know what to do with in another month or so, although probably not quite 10,000 - at least not right away. :) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) How did you get that deal? :0 If you can get bulk I could use a few maybe trade or sale? I dont need many just a few! Wow......Lego get rid of old surplus, authentic pitchforks, duplicates? questions go on and on! Doyle (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) I made my own deal. (...) I've tried this before myself, didn't work too well. My good friend Jack produces add-on kits of detailed parts for the Millenium Falcon models. He's learned some new stuff over the last year and is certain he can (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) Any chance of sharing the knowledge wealth? Any "hobbyist-style" of producing elements would be of HUGE interest to me, and I suspect to others. I have been given some sketchy, yet very useful, instructions about molding in resins -- but from (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) Sure. I might even have Jack write something up since he's the expert. Here's his website for the Star Wars stuff, btw: (URL)I have been given some sketchy, yet very useful, instructions about molding in (...) Well, I definitely will ask Jack (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) It's called RTV rubber (Room Temp Vulcanizing) (...) It should be. You can take a record (with some types of RTV and casting liquid), and produce copies of it. I dare say, that the accuracy that we are striving for is likely less than this. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

Thanks to Mr. Stanley and Mr. Powell for the help. Future updates and information will be much appreciated also. To tell the truth, making pieces already available from lego, or even from older kits, is of no REAL interest to me except for a VERY (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) <snippage> Here's a question for any Lego lawyers who might happen to be reading this: (and for anyone who might have some insight) What, if any, are the ramifications of molding and casting our own pieces for Lego use? Not copies of existing (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) Well, I hardly think they can sue you for making your own creation that fits in with lego. After all, how many other things have a dia of (xxx) to fit into the lego hands. Taking existing parts and modifying them _should_ also be legal, since (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) True enough, you can do what you like on your own time in your own space. But you see if I'm making battleaxes or blaster rifles, other AFOL's out there might want some. So profit isn't entirely the issue as much as cost recovery. I guess my (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  RE: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

I don't think it's an issue at all. It's obviously not illegal to make Lego-compatable pieces (ref. Tyco, Megablox, as well as non-clones that can be connected to Lego), just duplicating Lego pieces for which the patent hasn't expired. If you made a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) I agree. I don't plan on selling ANY of the pitchfork replicas I make/have made. But if I make or have made custom war hammers, battle axes, etc, and people like them enough to pay for them, you bet I'm going to be selling them for what the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message <snip> (...) hmmm, sounds kinda of like the attitude some big company I know of... We need War Hammer/Battle Axe buckets!! ;) Build On! John Matthews (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) and (...) And (...) I don't think that there will be any problems with your own ORIGINAL war hammers and battle axes. But, copying stormtrooper helmuts and blaster rifles from Star Wars might get you in trouble with Lucas, as they make alot of (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) Hey.. hadn't thought of that.. I was all worried about making L- pieces and what the L- company would think of it, and I'd forgotten about the other L- company and their intellectual properties.. sigh.. crapcrapcrapcrapcrap...pcrap..... K.M. (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)