 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13175
Re: Bulk Lego Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 02:24:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:

there. (overuse of .announce groups is one of my many pet peeves.. :-) )

Hello Larry,

As someone who thinks the .announce groups are in good shape, I'm sincerely
curious why you believe them to be overused.

In fact, if you take a look at the web interface of the newsgroups you'll
notice that by volume, the .announce groups don't even rank in the Top 20
most posted to groups on LUGNET:

http://news.lugnet.com/

While it can *perhaps* be argued that some misplaced postings find their way
to the .announce groups, I think it can also be suggested that this isn't by
any means an epidemic.

After all, the .off-topic groups get more than 18 times as many posts as
.announce.  Perhaps one of the problems with LUGNET right now is that too
many people are posting stuff that has not a lot to do with LEGO, and not
announcing enough things that do.  :)

I'm really interested in your take on this Larry.  I'm not looking to spark
an argument, just to give you a chance to explain your feelings.

Best regards,
Allan B.

(Who has posted to .announce recently, but is setting follow-up on this
message to .debate, since it has nothing to do with either
market.buy-sell-trade or .announce.)  :)