 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1545
Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:20:48 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Tim David wrote:
There is of course the option on Bricklink of uploading an XML file into your
wanted list. If you could make a program that reformats an MLCad parts list into
the required XML format you would be halfway there. I have tested this function
with a hand coded 1 element file but never got any further.
Or Bricktrak, as people have mentioned, but I could never get it working (I
didn't try very hard though)

The problem with this (and with Briktrak) is that there are a few Bricklink
parts  whose numbers are not the same as the LDraw parts.  There was an attempt
a while back to normalize the numbering system across the main part cataloging
sites but I don't think it got very far.

-Orion