 Marketplace / Auctions / 5536
Re: Question for eBay experts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:01:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Christopher Lindsey writes:
Personally, I don't like this practice.  There's a psychology to
auctions that's being circumvented with this type of practice.  Someone
may look at an item and say "I won't bid on that because it's only been
up one day and is already at $50.00!"  But if they have to keep raising
their bid, they're more comfortable going to the $50.00 point over time.

Hehe... just like the frog experiment that they mention in that volcano movie
(1)... they say "if you put a frog in boiling water, the frog'll jump right
out. But if you put the frog in cool water and warm them slowly, the frog will
stay and boil to death..." ;-)

-Shiri
fut .o-t.fun
disclaimer: I do not think that experimenting with animals is a good thing!
(1) Something "Peak", I can't remember ;-)