 Marketplace / Auctions / 5535
Re: Question for eBay experts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:37:42 GMT

Mark Harrison wrote:

All I can say is great idea, I've been bidding quite heavily on ebay lately and
hate it when I come across a nice set at a ridiculously cheap bid knowing that
even if I put a realistic bid on it, it won't show up until I'm outbid and will
only increment by the minimum amount. Your approach would tend to warn off the
site seers and opportunists.

Personally, I don't like this practice.  There's a psychology to
auctions that's being circumvented with this type of practice.  Someone
may look at an item and say "I won't bid on that because it's only been
up one day and is already at $50.00!"  But if they have to keep raising
their bid, they're more comfortable going to the $50.00 point over time.

Once you've decided that you will bid on something, it's much easier
to keep bidding higher than you thought you would have gone initially.

Chris

P.S.  I'm not saying that you're wrong or trying to argue; I just wanted
      to state my views.

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal
reply.