 Marketplace / Auctions / 5479
Re: Question for eBay experts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 06:27:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Wilson writes:
Todd L wrote about eBay bidding:
But the way it seems to work now is that there is only a single box for >a • proxy maximum.

It's been like that for as long as I've been bidding, I think - more
than a year. Don't remember it being any other way,, though I may be
wrong.

I just placed a bid of $50.00 on an item that was going for $1.00, and >it
only jumped to $3.50.  I had to create a second account under an >alternate
email address and then resubmit my bid of $50.00 from that >account to get the
price to jump up straight to where I wanted it to be >originally.

Why would you want to do that? Now you're committed to $50 even if
no-one else bids, when you might have got it for less.

He can retrace his $50 bid since it's under a different account and still be
the high bidder under his first account for $3.50.