 Marketplace / Auctions / 367
  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) I read the FAQ. I realized shipping times were longer than expected. I still consider 6 months unacceptable turnaround. Another longtimer here who admits to being "very slow" in getting out auction sets STILL managed to keep me up to date/get (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) I think that was me. :-) But I was running a very, very small set auction, not a parts auction. Margins are higher on sets, and smaller auctions admit of more personal attention. Both factors contribute to personal updates... Also, I got (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) No way, you're still my best customer. :) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) Yes. But I did not want to name names since I did not want to risk besmirching your good name. And, as I said, you did not raise my frustration meter. (...) Positive. You're an important market force in the online Lego market. Sarah Heacock (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) Can you elaborate? I may be important to certain sellers but I rather suspect a number of buyers would prefer I folded my tent and slunk away quietly into the night. (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

Also sprach Larry Pieniazek: : Can you elaborate? I may be important to certain sellers but I rather : suspect a number of buyers would prefer I folded my tent and slunk away : quietly into the night. hehehe ... fortunately I collect space and don't (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) (Standard disclaimer: I'm a classicist, not an economist.) I think you benefit other buyers as well, and I'll try to explain why. Sellers need buyers, right? So when more people are buying, or some people are buying lots, or anything like (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) and I'm an architect but when have I ever let THAT stop me from pontificating?? < Essence: Larry primes the demand pump > Yes, I see. Prolly. (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) If a seller does not have the reasonable expectation that they will make enough from their auctions to be worth running the auction, then they will not run them. You are one of the regular buyers who make it worth their while to run such (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Flush? (was Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) OK, I see. Fair warning to all, though. Stop planning on my heavy participation. I am cutting back. I've reached saturation. In just about every category, I have enough pieces to build a great many different things. Sure, there are rare pieces (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) Really? An architect? Wow, cool. (...) I know I can be a bit wordy. I usually attribute it to my study of Latin, which lends itself to the saying, "why use one word when five will do?" But that's an exceptional job of boiling down my rambling (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Flush? (was Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) Oh, I don't count on you at all anymore. In fact, I didn't mean to imply that the market (or sellers anyway) DEPENDS on you. I just think you did a lot to "prime the pump" as you put it. It seems to have taken off pretty well. (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Flush? (was Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

Also sprach Larry Pieniazek: : 2 - And I guess there is a chance I'll get the space bug harder, and try : to become Space Complete but that seems unlikely. Might go for M:tron : complete though, I am almost there. I think you said that just to scare (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Flush? (was Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla

(...) Waittaminut. Aren't you the one who once said 'M:tron is goofy'? One of these days, I'm going to save up the money for a Multi-Core Magnetizer. Or maybe a Mega-Core Magnetizer. I'll bet those are bigger. Steve (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Flush? (was Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla