Re: evolving Fabuworld .ftx page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:42:12 GMT

Sheree, if Frank bullies you into deciding that you want a nine volt train,
or some parts of one, I definitely can help you out. Cheap. Also, I was
wondering about your train's wheels. In its current form, would you prefer
yellow ones?

Cary

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
sheree rosenkrantz wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Frank Filz writes:
Cary Clark wrote:
I think your train is great. It looks very professional, as in the • Lego set
designs that I admire.

I like the train also. We'll have to loan Sheree some train wheels and • a
train motor so she can re-work it a bit to run in our next train • display
(Sheree - we'll turn you into a train fan yet...)

already am a fan, just not a very knowledgable one... and just don't own • any
real trains :-(

Well, there are ways to fix that.... You could probably score a bunch of
train parts fairly cheap if you asked around on buy-sell-trade. Many
traniacs have an overabundance of curved track, train motors, and power
pack/controllers, and you could probably get those for less than S@H
prices. You would then just need to acquire some straight track and
turnouts (switches) if desired, some coupler magnets (if you want to
hook your train with others, those ball and socket joints from 6497 will
work fine oherwise) and some regular train wheels. You may also be able
to pick up a train set at a discount somehow (like for example, if Cary
hasn't sold all the cheap 4565s that he doesn't really want for
himself), and then you might only need to add the power pack.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com