Re: Get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:48:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Cary Clark writes:
Friday and Saturday I have the house to myself, so I could host.

thanks

I'd rather choose a night when more folks like Mike and James could make it,
though. Any night except Wednesdays are usually free for me. I also remember
some older posts where Thomas Main in Boone preferred weekends and Karim
showed some interest in hosting; I've cross-posted this in case they haven't
been getting this thread.

This Fri.pm or Sat.pm would be okay also.   Agreed, more people is better.

I've been hard at work parting out sets, so I have a serious amount of parts
for trading and building. I've been less hard-at-work getting my train
layout running (although the tunnel is 3/4ths done) so it's unlikely that
I'd be able to offer a train operating session in the next few weeks. I've
been waiting on some monorail track for my grand redesign, and I've received
all but one shipment, so I'm nearly ready to go. It's going to be a big
monrail layout ... (well, not Plasticity big, but big compared to what I had
before)

Plasticity?

Cary

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Frank Filz wrote:

Is anyone interested in a get together the weekend of October 20-22? My
schedule is pretty open then. Other possibilities are a weekday evening.

So far, I have heard by e-mail that James Beerman prefers a weekday
evening. Cary is available Friday or Saturday (is that correct Cary, or
did you get the dates confused). Sheree might be available Saturday or
Sunday.

Looks like Saturday afternoon is currently the best bet. Shall I host or
would someone else like to? Or should we wait for another week when more
folks can gather?

I've been starting to build up quite a pile of surplus parts, so a
trading session would be cool. I'd also love to see some kind of
building session. Perhaps we could select one of the Walmart Star Wars
value packs and each buy one, and see what we can build.

Haven't been to Walmart recently. Only value packs I know of are the $49.99
ones at Target.  Too steep for me.

Or we could
just have a wild time with someone's collection (either Cary's or mine
certainly have enough parts to keep several people happy for hours).

This sounds wonderful and would be my preference.

Or
I could figure out a way to trick you folks into helping me sort (of
course if we figure out how to do this, Cary or someone else might want
to host instead :-)....

Prefer building to sorting.  HOWEVER, I will sort for Fabuland ;-) !

I'd also like to start thinking about how we might start to have train
operating sessions. Currently, Cary's place would be the only place we
could expect to see a large layout, but there may be ways to get a
complex enough layout at my place to satisfy one or two operators.

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Mike, if you are able to come could you bring the G2K PNLTC video? I would
like to borrow it/see it.

While I can't imagine having any parts to trade, the rest of you sound like
you do.  Specific elements you are looking for???
I am looking for a train  to buy for my 10 yr old for the holidays.  Starting
at ground zero, so a bit of everything is needed.  Only after I have filled
her request can I think about one for me.

Gosh, I hope this gathering  happens... I am tired of being a "responsible
adult".

sheree