Re: evolving Fabuworld .ftx page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:33:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Cary Clark writes:
<much snipping>

Do you think a coal car between the engine and the passenger car would be in
keeping with the theme? It would give the engineer something to do with the
shovel.

I would love to add more cars. I was able to pick up another 6497 on sale
Sun.  Now all I need is some time....
(I originally just put the shovel on the engine just because I like Fabuland
type shovels.  I decided if any one asked me about it I would have to come up
with a "story".  So... version 1.... Engineer, srabbit, gets hungry often and
likes to have a ready shovel in order to more easily dig up carrots  for a
snack.  Carrots grow wild and are bountiful in her area.  Version 2.... the
fv55 runs on anything and everything-  like the car in one of the later Back
to the Future movies.  When it runs out of fuel and stops, the engineer gets
out, puts in one shovel full of something/anything and continues on her merry
way.  In Fabuworld almost anything is possible.  ( of course, it "burns"
clean, can't have Pollution in FW.)

What's the black and white thing on top of the back of the first passenger
car? Is that the owl?

yeah an owl,Orville Owl, sorry for poor quality pic.
He is  a variation of a wonderful owl by Heather Patey.
Heather's original is at:

my Orville:
Eye layer(front to back):  2 white 1x1 bricks w/headlight stud facing
forward(4070) with 1 grey 1x2 plate (3023) attached vertically behind eyes
and with 2  blk 1x1plate w/clip light (4081) attached vertically behind grey
plates-clip going up for peaked head feathers
    Body layer (front to back) : 2 blk 1x1 bricks w/headlight (4070) with
hdlght stud facing rear.  On  hd light studs for wings are attached 1 x 3 x
1 right door (3381)and 1 x 3 x 1 left door (3822).  For tail attached to
doors, 2 blk 1x1rnd plates.
   Leg layer:  2 side by side grey  1x2 plates (3023)
   Feet layer (front to back): 2 yellow 1x1plates w/vert. clip (4085) with 1
grey 1x2 plate (3023) to fill in area behind feet.

I like the plate fixed to the rear wheel of the first car, but it might be
more 'trainlike' to have this attached to the the front wheel of the engine.

busted... left on from the original 6497, just took the dragon wings off...
I have removed it from car 1 and resized the bar and attached it to the
engine.  much better... thanks!

There's a couple of technic plugs in the wheels of the rear car. Do they do
something, or are they just decoration?

Same reason, just forgot about them and left them on from the original model.
I have removed them.  better.

I like the tiny cat and the huge mice, and the monkey on the roof of the
rear car. Also a very creative smokestack. Nice use of parts. I like the
decorated bricks and slopes as well.

thanks.

<more snipping...>

'preciate you suggestions!