 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 573
Re: Bizzah weatheh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:52:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Jeff Johnston writes:
(twitch)  Bostonian...accent...brain...overloading...must...speak...
Pittsburghese...

Hey, yins guys goin' danna sasside an'at?

OMG, if you're talking accents... the funniest thing in the world is to hear
Israelis try and speak english with no accent. Sorry if this insults any
Israelis... it's not that I dislike the accent, it's just funny and
recognizable. I can recognize Israelis pretty much anywhere just from accents
(1).
I was lucky enuff to live in the US between ages 3-6 so I picked up the US
accent ;-)

Here're some samples, taken from my mom's vocab <grin>:
the = de
that = dat
math = mass
Thank you = sank you
gas = gaass (long a)
things = sings
Sorry = sory (rough hebrew r)

Dose ar just a few examples... but you get de picture. :-)

-Shirri (rough r! :-)

(1) I actually met a kid here, whom I recognized as Israeli by his mom's
accent... turned out that he was from my elementary school, I knew him pretty
well back then - but I'll be damned if I would've noticed it was him unless
the mom was talking Englew (English with Hebrew accent? ;) .