 Local / United States / Indiana / 3
Re: lurkers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.wi, Tim Courtney writes:
At 08:55 PM 9/2/99 , Paul Foster wrote:
Paul Foster
Chippewa Falls    (100 miles east of Minneapolis)

http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/lego.html

Tim Courtney
Wheaton, IL (30 mi West of Chicago)

http://www.zacktron.com

I was thinking about this after seeing the nelug page but I was
thinking more about covering a multi-state similiar to the nelug
group, maybe Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota.  Something like
midlug (Midwest).

Thoughts?

Good idea.  I'd like to get together with other maniacs myself.  I did
briefly talk with Remy Evard about doing a Legofest in Chicago, but we
don't know of many around here.  A LUG for the Great Lakes area sounds
excelent!  Another name idea: GLLUG? (great lakes..) but the repeating L is
a little strange.

-Tim <><

Hadn't thought of Great Lakes in the name, that is a better idea.  I was
originally thinking mid from visiting with the GMLTC but Great Lakes
would cover more area.  Hmmm.  What states would we consider Great Lakes
region?  WI, IL, MI, OH, IN, MN.  Thats a pretty good area.

I've added the rest of the above states to the newsgroup list.  I'll
volunteer the upfront cash to register web name and pay for the intial
start up of a web site if we can settle on a name.  I'll even do some
html but graphics are NOT my strong point.

Paul Foster