 Local / United States / Georgia / *402 (-20)
  TRU Show in Rome, GA

DixieLUG had a show this past weekend in Rome, GA with a large display of MOCs and two kids building areas. Maybe Chris can give more details. Here are some of the photos I took of the show: (URL) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) We (BayLUG/BayLTC) have talked to malls in our area and run into a brick wall when they say we need to have $1,000,000 in liability insurance. Since we're not incorporated or anything, there's no entity to buy such insurance. We've looked into (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.org)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:HxK52I.13y8@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) store (...) The two mall shows we (NCLTC) have done have both been sponsored by Tom's Train Station, a serious model railroading store (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:HxK52I.13y8@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) store (...) The two mall shows we (NCLTC) have done have both been sponsored by Tom's Train Station, a serious model railroading store (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) I think one thing that can be a big help is to have an advocate with in the mall, such as one of the stores. A big part of us getting our space is the support of the LEGO store in the mall. They have worked with the mall management to help us (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) Great idea. MichLUG/LTC pursued this leading up to christmas 2002 with no good result. Something we did that might help (even if it didn't help us) was that we prepared a "briefing book" or portfolio of past shows, which showed what we could (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) Congrats!!! and yes, I'll join the long line of jealous people.... We have on numerous occasions discussed it in our club (COLTC), we just may have to act!! Do you think the mall management would be willing to write a letter that states the (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) Can you say Jealous? Congratulations, sounds like a wonderful opportunity. If MichLUG wasn't so spread out, I'd really be looking for a way to make this happen here. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) What are you begging for? :-) SERIOUSLY, congratulations. I hope I can see it this year! (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

Once again the North Georgia LEGO Train club (NGLTC) will have a summer “club house” at the Discover Mills Outlet Mall in Gwinnett county Georgia. Like last year we will be occupying an empty store in the mall and filling it with our LEGO train (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  car pool for next DixieLUG? (24 April 2004 in Auburn, AL)

I have a **very** undependable car, one not suited to interstate travel. Would some compassionate soul allow me to hitch a ride to the next meeting? I can rendezvous with you pretty much anywhere in the north west quadrant of the metro area. (I live (...) (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  FLL National Championships in the Georgia Dome this week

This week the FIRST LEGO League National Championships were held in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome (home of the Atlanta Falcons). So since the event was in my backyard I figured it would be fun to see what the event was all about. I got a position as a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  DIXIELUG meeting, 24 April 2004 in Auburn, AL

We'll have a DixieLUG meeting at my place (if anyone shows up [grin]: Where: Eric Harshbarger's house; Auburn, AL (email me for directions) When: 24 April 2004, starting around 11am... going till 5 or 6 pm or so Agenda: I don't care... anything. (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Ancient Sets Available at Valdosta, GA Toys-R-Us

On, a recent trip from Orlando, Florida I stopped in Valdosta, Georgia for less expensive gas, gas in FL is about 15 to 20 cents more per gallon than GA. Of course, I spotted a TRU not far from the I-75 exit. I went in only to check it out, not to (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Fares to BrickFest PDX

Hi All, We are 36 days away from the big event! Just a reminder to those who are traveling from a far... Often the less expensive airplane ticket fares require a 14 day advance purchase. Well we'll be there before you know it! Here's some fares from (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !!

  DixieLUG Meeting Jan 10, 2004

Date: Saturday Janurary 10, 2004 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM Place: Jason's Home (<emailto:jason@dixielug.org email me for directions>) Current plans for the gathering include: Catching up after not having a December meeting :-) Another 'part out' of a (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.tn.cha, lugnet.loc.us.al, FTX) !

  Atlanta Festival of Trees Setup complete

After many weeks of building sessions and getting things in order we finally got the (URL) North Georgia LEGO Train Club> tree set up at the (URL) Children's Healthcare of Atlanta> Festival of Trees. This year we had a bit smaller tree due to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Coming to Hotlanta 23-26 Nov 2003

(...) Larry, I live in Auburn, AL... about 90 minutes south of the Atlanta airport. You'd be welcome to come visit for an afternoon if you want to make the drive. I have oodles of miscellaneous pieces I'd be happy to trade away for interesting (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: Coming to Hotlanta 23-26 Nov 2003

(...) I'll crosspost this to DixieLUG. Try dropping a line to NGLTC and DixieLUG. You're just going to miss a DixieLUG meeting, and Thanksgiving time can be a tough time to meet up. But maybe somebody will be available. I'd personally be busy most (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Coming to Hotlanta 23-26 Nov 2003

Hi gang, I'm going to be in Atlanta next week and possibly several weeks beyond... any interest in get togethers, please drop me a line! I know JT's going to be in Orlando next week but he's not the only ATL area dude by far. Also, Atlanta LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact