 Marketplace / Shopping / 11192
11191  |  11193
Subject:
Ancient Sets Available at Valdosta, GA Toys-R-Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:13:24 GMT

On, a recent trip from Orlando, Florida I stopped in Valdosta, Georgia for less
expensive gas, gas in FL is about 15 to 20 cents more per gallon than GA.

Of course, I spotted a TRU not far from the I-75 exit. I went in only to check
it out, not to buy anything. Really!

Anyway, you could not believe what I saw. It looked like LEGO Company's
forgotten vault. They had Rock Raiders, Soccer, Ninja, Artic, Adventurers, Cyber
Master, and all of the new sets even the Dora Explorer stuff.

I didn't get a chance to check prices and see if the older sets were on sale
because I dropped in at 5:50 on a Sunday (they close Sundays at 6:00PM). I did
speak with an associate that said that they believed all of the stuff was at
"regular" price.

They even had an old 4561 set.

Some of the sets they have are going for twice their retail on eBay.

Anyway, I thought I would put the message out there.

I will actually be driving by Valdosta again this week on my way back to
Orlando. I can stop and get details if anyone wants.

Todd