 Local / United Kingdom / 8237
Re: We've scratched their back, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 21:33:28 GMT

Thanks Huw,

I couldn't have put it better myself, and I was about to.

The bottom line is: We have to show that we can  work as a group, and
the group is large enough to justify TLC spending time on it.

To this end, the proposal of forming a club should be given some serious
consideration by all the 'usual suspects'.

We have to be able to look to the future, maybe a couple of years down
the line, to see some of the benefits that a relationship with TLC might
bring.

But first we must convince them that we are worth talking to. Presenting
a single, or at least co-ordinated, channel of communication has to be a
priority right now.

The group of us who attended the meeting at LLW have started this
process, and we hope that everyone in the UKAFOL community, and others,
will benefit from what may happen. But at the moment, that's all there
is: What *may* happen.

I am certainly up for any club forming activities, and I'm willing to
provide time & money towards a venture that looks likely to enhance my
LEGO hobby considerably.

To start the discussion, I'd like to say that the club should be
inclusive, not exclusive. That is, most events will be open to all FOLs,
rather like Lugnet membership. I'm here, but I'm not a member :-)

Tony Priestman

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Huw Millington (<Gx3Aw9.477@lugnet.com>) wrote at
17:50:36

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

<snip>
but he, Tony and Huw should realise that if they don't give us full • feedback
we will wonder what went on.

To be honest, Jon pretty much summed it up in his first announcement of our
meeting. • <snip>
Clearly we have an exciting time ahead. I just hope we can appear as a
unified body and don't bicker amongst ourselves and put a damper on things.

Now, I think, would be a good time to start the formation of an official UK
AFOL organisation. Comments please!

Huw

--
Tony Priestman