 Local / United Kingdom / 8225
  Re: We've scratched their back, etc.

"Lawrence Wilkes" <l.wilkes@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:Gwyxqx.EMs@lugnet.com... <ALL SNIPPED> (...) Lawrence, I found your post rude and discourteous to say the least, and I don't mind saying so in public. You might remember this post: (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:Gwzx22.7DG@lugnet.com... (...) Sorry you feel that way Jon. Have a great time on the RLD Lawrence (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: We've scratched their back, etc.

(...) Hang on, I don't think the post was discourteous but I can see that the title might rub some people up the wrong way. First up, the discount voucher here is a nice move - makes up for how club members can only book discounts on child tickets - (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: We've scratched their back, etc.

(...) Suggestions / comments on how I've put the link up welcome. (...) It has to be noted that perhaps we got much more than LLW planned to give us last time, this time it sounds like we will be getting more than the letter of the original RLD (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Gx2wGD.LFB@lugnet.com... (...) feedback (...) To be honest, Jon pretty much summed it up in his first announcement of our meeting. For the record myself, Jon, Tony, Jason B and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: We've scratched their back, etc.

Thanks Huw, I couldn't have put it better myself, and I was about to. The bottom line is: We have to show that we can work as a group, and the group is large enough to justify TLC spending time on it. To this end, the proposal of forming a club (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: We've scratched their back, etc.

With the basis of an organised club on the cards, presumably we will have broadly common aims - It would be interesting to learn if the following 'goals' were shared and accepted by LLW? . (...) Whether the club is 'inclusive' or 'exclusive' it (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Working with LLW / UKLUG (or whatever)? (was Re: We've scratched their back, etc.)

(...) It was probably the choice of date that was the problem, the long weekend is a prime time for people to go away with their families. (Likewise 10/8 is a problem for me. To maximise attendance I would have thought a date outside the holidays (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Working with LLW / UKLUG (or whatever)? (was Re: We've scratched their back, etc.)

(...) off. (...) That sounds like a good plan. Does anyone have any experience in these sort of things? I don't. Tony P, you are very keen. Do you want to start off with number 1? (btw -- I believe Jon Hayward owns uklug.com, so we're off to a good (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Working with LLW / UKLUG (or whatever)? (was Re: We've scratched their back, etc.)

OK. I'll do step one in the next day or so. I'm also up for step 2, although I'd certainly like at least one other, just so I don't go off on one... It just so happens that I'm off work next week, so I might have some spare time :-) Tony On Wed, 5 (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:Gx93E8.JIr@lugnet.com... (...) Yep. www.uklug.com currently points to www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/ - thought I'd better grab it before the LINUX User Group! Happy to hand it over to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)