 Local / United Kingdom / 7513
Re: Unlisted sets: Weetabix Castle & other promotional items circa 1970's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:37:47 GMT

The date of the three Weetabix sets was 1977: the final year for the
arm-less minifigs and the first year for ridged tyres.

The castle on the other hand, could have been produced anywhere through the
60s: wavey flag and plenty of grey plates, although that yellow plate on the
drawbridge suggests later in the 60s and possibly (as suggested) 1970...

...just my two-penn'orth ;-)

Just Jono .oO

"Clark Stephens" <clarkcorner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Jon, Phil, et. al.
The Brickshelf TOS prohibits posting complete catalouge scans in the • members
area. I've emailed the scans to the submit area of Brickshelf. Since I
haven't seen any new sets since June, I don't know if he's still accepting
uploads.

I've XP this to admin.database so hopefully Suz or friends will add these
four sets to the Lugnet Database. Unfortunately, Lugnet also uses a • numeric
system, so it will be a challenge on how to number them into the Database.

Admins: Here's the list (by Huw Millington) from another post in this • thread:
http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/lego/weetabix.html
There are four sets: a castle, a house, a windmill, and a shop.

Thanks to Phil, I now also have a set of the castle instructions.
Does anybody have the instructions for the other sets?
Clark

In lugnet.general, Jon D. Hayward writes:
Phil,

Please get these onto Brickshelf!!! Ian Bishop was looking for proof of • this
set a while back!

We'll all be happy bunnies (or "Quickies" if you're that way inclined) • ;-)

Just Jono .oO

"Phil Traviss" <phil.traviss@xpertsystems.com> wrote in message
You only have to ask! I have the scans. 10 pages in all. zipped they • take
1.16M