 Local / United Kingdom / 5956
Re: LUG & LTC dates of formation update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:39:58 GMT

Ok, A better posting on my last email

Simon Denscombe and Richard Franks both put a lot of effort into setting • up
organised areas at uklug.org.uk and lugnet.com/loc/uk/ respectively, but • all
has been quite for some time now. No offence intended to either Simon or
Richard BTW. I'm sure that they're both busy with other things and have
received a dire lack of information from the collective UKLUGers anyway.
Is it time for someone to volunteer to take over Richard's position? Is
Lugnet the right place to keep everyone informed? Should Simon's site be
kept up to date (by Simon or a.n.other)? Do we need a UKLTC too or should
it

No offence to both parties here, but uklug.org.uk doesn't seem to work on my
PC and the links on Lunet was last in Summer 2000

I would like volunteer, thats if Richard wants to step down, same for
.org.uk

But at the end of the day, who makes that move to make it happen?

just be within Lugnet / UKLUG? Do we want an official organizing body /
group? Should we set up a questionnaire and start collecting votes???

Question whats UKLTC?,
Again, who will be the appionted person?

Could set up a poll? What questions would you ask? or like to see?

I'd like to see the Lugnet/loc/uk site kept up to date with:
Names / photos / locations / e-mail addresses / web sites of all • contributors
Where and when future fests are taking place
Where the latest discounts have been spotted
Links to pictures from previous fests
Etc.

Agree, this sort of stuff will take time to do,

What other things does the UKlug would like to see on the site?
Selling/Trade/Auction Pages?

As far as members is concered will the UKLug have a member base system to
cover any costs?

I wonder now many are out there in the unknown/delurking in the group, who
yet to show up? I mean i get emails from people who question me about things
like the Legofest, etc...
But are too scared or shy to come out and ask the questions here?

This place is friendly, please come out and speak to us :-) We won't bite

When it comes to organising events, we seem to do quite well with "It's • time
for a fest: who's gonna volunteer". However, Simon and Lawrence booked • halls
for their events, so do we need some method of making sure they're not out
of pocket? A kitty? A subscription (T-shirt included)? A committee to keep
tabs on up-front costs for hall hire and catering??? The catering aspect
obviously applies to the home events too.

This will cause a problem, i know halls are expensive to hire for a day, but
will there be enough people/members who has a Subsciptions to cover the
costs?

On average the Legofest has been running since summer 99 and there has been
7 so far, thats what 4 per year, one every 3 months, do we need to scale
this down? What i am worried is that there may be a period where is 2-3
fests in a short space of time, then a long gap like around winter time?
Could this get out of hand? do we need a fest every 3 months?

Another Note,
Tony P, what was the costs to keep everybody happy on the Catering side?- so
the group can get a fair idea if they want to host the next one or others in
the future?
Could there be a set routine? Starts at 9am until 6pm then down to the local
for a meal?

I hope very much that we can get a discussion going here and reach a few
decisions. I am aware however that this could easily go too far and • alienate
those of us who like the informality of it all. We've survived a few years
now without being officially organised (and without the T-shirts!).

Your ideas please :-)

Just Jono .oO

Another point, we have no Logo?
another which will have to be decided

I mean, if its decided in the future of the UKLug, this will go on the
T-Shirts or badges if the UKlug wants them?

My 2 pennies

--
Michael

- - -
Please reply on
medwards@ukonline.co.uk

Lugnet Member# 151
Lego Magazines from the Past and Present
   www.lugmag.com or www.lugmag.co.uk

Home of the UK Lego Technic Club Magazine
                www.technic-uk.co.uk