 Local / United Kingdom / 6065
Re: LUG & LTC dates of formation update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:02:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
www.uklug.org.uk is in dire need of update and overhaul. Simon's page design
is an acquired taste :-)

I agree it's rubbish :-)

I am not sure where one does whois enquiries for .org.uk domains, so can't
tell when it expires, but I *think* Simon has it hosted by freenetnames.com.
Is Simon around these days?

Yes I am.  This week I received a certificate that I know own the domain
name till Dec 05 2001.  I don't know how long Freenetname will continue to
host the site - I want to move it anyway because you have to dial in to them
to upload - I now have a Broadband connection so I don't even have a modem
plugged in.

In any case, setting up another site, as you no doubt know, costs about £20
p.a. -- £10 for the domain name, and £10 for a year's hosting. There even be
cheaper options...

Got any ideas on where to host it?

I would volunteer to update and maintain the uklug site providing there was
something to put on it - the lugnet.loc.uk area and uklug ideas tend to
overlap too much for my liking.  There's no point in duplicating material.

Yes, the site does need redesigning :-)

Carbon 60
You'll never lose me, I will never, ever go away!
UKLUG Administrator