 Local / United Kingdom / 2773
Re: LEGOFest IV: The ReddiFest - March 11 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:48:12 GMT

Hi,

I have not found out whether I can get a day pass from the wife to atend.
Hopefully I will be able to come and play, if so i can bring 2 x 4559 worth
of track and a perhaps a home creation train (not anything like my tower
base though!)

Jason

----- Original Message -----
From: Carbon 60 <carbon60@bigfoot.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.uk@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: LEGOFest IV: The ReddiFest - March 11 2000

In article <FovxCv.ADD@lugnet.com>, lawrence_wilkes@msn.com says...
If we have many trains, wont we want a layout that can have several • running at
once?
I can imagine several disconnected, but visually integrated circuits • each
running their own trains.
Perhaps some road plates and town buildings to hold it together
I envey those layouts you see in US (pacific coast railway club or • something)

I agree - I'll probably attach a 1x1 plate to each of my few 9V pieces -
I have the track of 2 x 4559, 4555 and 4533 (Train Wash), so I'll be in
the minority.

Each person could concentrate on some part of the layout.
e.g someone with several 4561 (Scott?) could do something like a channel
tunnel terminal
I tend to run my trains in concentric rings. So I have a main outer loop • with
two trains running in either direction. Then I have a couple of passing • points
on each track so I can park one train and run another on each.
Then a smaller loop in the middle with a mashalling yard.
The main problem is finding a use for all those curves, as Scott has • found out!
I run the 3225 classic on them, imagining its some mountain railway • curving
its way up

OK, shall we do an inventory of what we have so we can at least design
something.

Is anyone bringing any Legacy track (4.5V and 12V)?  Anyway - I want to
try to build 2 loops of 12V track but I need an extra controller and
motor.

--
Carbon 60 - LUGNET Member 93
Head Co-ordinator of UKLUG - http://www.uklug.org.uk