 Local / United Kingdom / 2761
Re: LEGOFest IV: The ReddiFest - March 11 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:36:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:
I'm thinking along the lines of a modular system - basically I build a section
with points then someone else adds to it.

I don't like pieces getting mixed up personally, how about you.

Carbon 60

If we have many trains, wont we want a layout that can have several running at
once?
I can imagine several disconnected, but visually integrated circuits each
running their own trains.
Perhaps some road plates and town buildings to hold it together
I envey those layouts you see in US (pacific coast railway club or something)

Each person could concentrate on some part of the layout.
e.g someone with several 4561 (Scott?) could do something like a channel
tunnel terminal

I tend to run my trains in concentric rings. So I have a main outer loop with
two trains running in either direction. Then I have a couple of passing points
on each track so I can park one train and run another on each.
Then a smaller loop in the middle with a mashalling yard.
The main problem is finding a use for all those curves, as Scott has found out!
I run the 3225 classic on them, imagining its some mountain railway curving
its way up

regards
lawrence