 Local / United Kingdom / 2730
Re: LEGOFest IV: The ReddiFest - March 11 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:50:50 GMT

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Carbon 60 (<For7Hx.209@lugnet.com>) wrote at
20:27:33

This is an announcement for the next UK LEGOFest which will be situated in
Redditch.

I'm glowing with excitement alreddi :-)

I have a pre-booking on a Church Hall which we can have all day - the hall is
quite big and there is a Kitchen

Jon's on all day breakfasts!

, Lounge-type area and a whole Bungalow of
rooms should they be needed.  The Church Leader has yet to give me a cost
although I think it will be minimal - just to cover the cost of heating and
electricity.

Plans for the event:

Monster Train Layout
"What voltage shall we have?"
"All of them!" Jon D Hayward.
I have 4.5V blue and 12V grey track and a lot of additional sets.

I can possibly bring a small amount of 9V stuff ;-)

Space Base
This is a second attempt at something that was tried a LEGOFest III: The
NorthWest Fest, I have 10 packs of Blacktron-2 Landing plates, a 6991 Unitron
Monorail and all those crater plates I've been getting from previous Fests.

My 928 is still in one piece - it will certainly make the trip.

Totem Pole/Tower
I won't be organising this bit but the height of hall is taller than Tony's
stairwell and we have step ladders to put on the top sections.  I won't have
the bricks to build transistional sections like Tony could.

I'm happy to run with this one, if no-one objects, or really wants to do
it. I'll certainly bring my now fully sorted 2x4s and tiles to build
transition sections as required, as well as contributing at least a foot
or two in height. Jason's got to have *some* competition :-)

Overnight Accomodation
Unfortunately I can't provide accomodation since my house is so small (if there
was 1 or 2 I may be able to wrangle something), there are Travelodge's nearby
and a few local hotels which I'll get details of if necessary.

Probably just a one day outing, then.

* Basically what I need to find out now is how many people can make this event
so I can confirm the booking *

Include me in :-)

--
Tony Priestman