 Local / Sverige / 2308
Re: Hailfire wheel as turntable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:10:04 GMT

Hi Rosco!

In lugnet.loc.se, Ross Crawford wrote:
I'm sorry I don't speak Swedish...

Don't be, it's a silly language. :)

I have built a crane using a single Hailfire wheel as a turntable:
http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/cc2800/
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/construction/cc2800/early1d.jpg

Perfect.
We had ourselves a little LEGOfest meeting/gettogether here and we started
talking about how to make a turntable out of a pair (or possibly just using one)
of Hailfire droid wheels. I remembered seeing a bunch of pictures on Lugnet
about the subject so I went looking.

It is especially the small wheels you use as ballbearings we'd like to see the
attachment method of. But also how to attach the HF-wheel to the main structure.

Small wheels will be visible here:
http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/technic/ideas/hi_bearing2.jpg

Andreas; take a look at this pic too:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/construction/cc2800/early2a.jpg

Luckily you got scent of us and provided us with the links we were missing. :)
Great timing! Thank you.

Greetings from Australia!

Greetings back, from Sweden!

// Anton