 Local / Portugal / 72
Re: Good (!) editorial from Canada PLEASE READ (done)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:45:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.pt, Pedro Silva writes: • (snipped)
There is a catch, though: The earthquake. It was 5 years after the writer's
passing out (out/away/?)...
:-)

  Not a catch.  He's referring to 1906--although, to be honest, that's
  not much different functionally from mentioning the Chicago Fire.
  That would definitely be one of those naive points.

  It's definitely a 1973 production, though.  I found more corroborating
  evidence from a bevy of websites where the article is reprinted.

Amazing! I thought by that time (1973) knowledge of history was more
widespread... the commentator should have known that NOONE might have helped
back in 1906 (or the Chicago Fire for that matter, which I believe was
around the 1870's)!
You are pretty right, it is a naive(1) point, to say the least.
Anyway, how can we help *NOW*? I mean, from across the Ocean?

(1) I did not know how to write this word properly, so I have been using
"innocent" in this thread... ;-)

Pedro