 Local / Portugal / 66
Re: Good (!) editorial from Canada PLEASE READ (done)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:02:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.general, Pedro Silva writes:
When was this written? It seems like something written in the seventies...

No date but i assume just today or yesterday.Why do you say the seventies????

   Well, first of all, he doesn't know about European aerospace
   company Airbus, which produces airliners (and is in fact comparable
   to Boeing in its output).  He dwells on 1950s and 1960s events,
   and doesn't even mention later events, even when they would
   seriously support his case (and there are a lot of them).  He
   refers to the Lockheed Tri-Star and the 747 as the "Boeing Jumbo
   Jet," which I haven't heard since before KAL 007.  Japan=radios?
   c. 1970!  I agree with the article, but it's got "1970s" written
   all over it.  Might it not be a trenchant reprint?

   Given that Gordon Sinclair has been dead since 1984, I'd bet that
   would be the case:

   http://www.gnt.net/~wright/american_ed.html

   best

   LFB