 Local / Portugal / 68
Re: Good (!) editorial from Canada PLEASE READ (done)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:09:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
(snipped)
  Well, first of all, he doesn't know about European aerospace
  company Airbus, which produces airliners (and is in fact comparable
  to Boeing in its output).  He dwells on 1950s and 1960s events,
  and doesn't even mention later events, even when they would
  seriously support his case (and there are a lot of them).  He
  refers to the Lockheed Tri-Star and the 747 as the "Boeing Jumbo
  Jet," which I haven't heard since before KAL 007.  Japan=radios?
  c. 1970!  I agree with the article, but it's got "1970s" written
  all over it.  Might it not be a trenchant reprint?

  Given that Gordon Sinclair has been dead since 1984, I'd bet that
  would be the case:

  http://www.gnt.net/~wright/american_ed.html

  best

  LFB

Eh eh, I wrote just about the same concerning Airbus (I did not read your
post until i posted mine...).
There is a catch, though: The earthquake. It was 5 years after the writer's
passing out (out/away/?)...
:-)

Pedro