 Local / Ireland/Éire / 71
  ?

What's the story guys? Any body out there ? RW (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

"Ronan Webb" <rwebb@ehnospamaltavista.net> wrote in message news:GE9yIn.D4w@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

(...) Hello! There's three of us, then? I've been lurking on Lugnet for a while and just found the Irish Local group. I'm in Dublin West, nearest Lego supplier is Smyth's in Tallaght :) Any chance we can get a conversation going here? Nick. (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

(...) Howiya Nick! There's about 5 of us now - but we don't seem to speak a lot! Smyth's in one form or another seems to be the nearest to most us (but not always the cheapest!) What's your poison? Mine is Technic, Model Team and those 'Sculpture' (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

(...) Hey Kieran. (...) Mindstorms, Space and sorta Bionicle. Never been a big collector/builder of the other lego system themes, but I've a fair whack of technic stuff to back up the Mindstorms... Since I discovered the Lugnet community properly (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

Hi Nick - quiet place this neck of the woods - emails are a bit more sensible, that's why it's quiet. My post was half-joking. Well there are 5 ish, #5 seemed to disappear as fast as he appeared. My own preferences : 8020, 8842 the two sets I love (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

Can I be number 6??? I'm from Cork and have the Mindstorms RIS kit and the R2D2 kit - what a blast. I have been watching LUGNET for a while now and have tinkered with MCLAD, L3P, POV-Ray, etc. I even built and modelled the BattleDroid. Check out: (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

(...) <Grin> I started with 487 years ago. I always wanted to get the bigger one - I modelled it in MLCAD and it's on my desktop wallpaper as I speak. How sad am I? (...) Sooner or later... The list that is, not the extending (or maybe I can finagle (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

(...) to model things entirely virtually. I'll fire a few up onto BrickShelf one day... Is the R2D2 kit any good? I'd avoided it and the Dark Side kit 'cos they looked more for kids. Actually now that I've said that it makes no sense. I mean, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

The two kits - Dark Side and Droid - are good from a "wow - cool Star Wars models" perspective. They suck big time when it comes to using the micro-scout for anything else. I built the BattleDroid from the instructions on the Lego web site and then (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  mlcad

Hi guys, Any tips on mlcad ? I find I'm too slow to get going i.e. it requires too much effort ;) a lot of it seems wasted, mis-positioning etc I've put together a few simple models but it seemed to take forever so I gave up. Any quick tips to save (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

<SNIPPED> .........(or maybe I can finagle (...) (Sigh....) Story of our lives..... ;-) -Kieran (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: ?

(...) After reading this yesterday I decided to go and experiment with steering again. After some playing around last night I have something which seems relatively sturdy for steering built using technic elements (the last steering rack was built (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: mlcad

(...) Hm. I've built a dozen or so models now - mostly from instructions on Brickshelf. But on the other hand, it took less than three hours to build the 497, and that's a bigish model. I'd suggest doing it slowly: Build something really small first (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: mlcad

(...) Ronan, I recently started using MLCad myself. I too found it a little tough to get started. I actually make sure that I sit down with a completely or somewhat built model. This helps me to visual what I am making on the screen. I would also (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

Thanks guys I'll persevere. RW Jake McKee <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GG1x38.4Jo@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) somewhat (...) MLCad (...) steep (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

Hi Ronan, I had meant to reply to Jake's message with a few tips for you to help you along with beginning to use MLCAD, but I forgot until now. With regard to positioning, one thing that helps me tremendously is using the "spacing grid" buttons (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)