 Local / Ireland/Éire / 84
Re: mlcad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ie
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:32:32 GMT

Any tips on mlcad ?

I find I'm too slow to get going i.e. it requires too much effort ;)
a lot of it seems wasted, mis-positioning etc

Hm. I've built a dozen or so models now - mostly from instructions on
Brickshelf. But on the other hand, it took less than three hours to
build the 497, and that's a bigish model.

I'd suggest doing it slowly: Build something really small first - Like
a small car or something. Work up, and with experience you'll get to
know what bricks are in what parts of the parts-tree (I'm forever like
"where'd that nose cone go?") As far as misaligning things is
concerned, I find the best way of doing things is to use the middle
grid size to start, and try not to use hinges. Also, if you rotate
parts around a custom point of origin they can misalign which causes
you problems later on down the line.

Hoses and hinges and flexible arms (you know what I mean) are likely
going to be sticking points for some time - I still haven't gotten to
grips with them, and so *many* of the space models use them.

You know, it's *great* to have like-minded people to talk to.

Nick.