 Local / France / 178
Re: Lego Color Tree Translations now online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.fr
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:34:02 GMT

Hi Clark,

Well done,
BUT (there is always a but ;-)
Some error for the french translation :

Very Light Grey --> Gris très clair
Orange Juane Milieu  --> Orange _jaune_ milieu
Orange Juane Clair --> Orange _jaune_ milieu
and mainly all the "jaune" which are mispelled ;-)

Aqua or Eau  --> I think it should be Aqua _ou_ eau ;-)
   Some english words stayed ...

Lueur dans l'obscurité --> phosphorescent (better translation ;-)

Magenta is "Magenta" as it is one of the primary colour (with Cyan and
jaune).

Chrome Green  --> Vert chromé

Gael -

Clark Stephens wrote:
I've added a translations page to my Color Tree. It provideds translations
of the color names used into German, Italian, French, Spanish, and Danish.
Here's the link:
http://clarkcorner.home.att.net/ColorTranslator.html
Clicking on any of the names on the left will take you to the Roots section
of the main page. There you will find cross links to items for sale on
Bricklink, items inventoried on Peeron, Themes & Sets featuring the color,
and, coming soon, Notes pages with much more detail on the history of the color.

As will all my projects, this one is still growing. I appreciate any help,
suggestions, or corrections. I speak none of the languages fluently, so I'm
sure some of the translations may be improved. My thanks to all of the
people that have helped me so far, including TWS for the original
suggestion, and my friends on 1000steine.de who suggested & helped the
translate page.

XP to translated newsgroups, please re-set follow-ups accordingly.

Hope this helps,
Clark

Arborist, Lego Color Tree
http://clarkcorner.home.att.net/ColorTree.html

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

Looking for a minifig, head, or torso? Try my helper:
http://clarkcorner.home.att.net/VisualMiniHelper.html