 Local / Canada / 1874
Re: Canada shop.lego.com now in Canuck-bucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:50:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, James Brown wrote:
Actually, there will be some cost overhead for Lego in adiminstration and so
forth because they are accountable to Canada Customs for the fees they
collect and ensuring it is all properly tracked.  The border charges $5.00
for the same service, and UPS bends you over and -  oops, family forum.  UPS
charges "a hefty fee".

Again, those brokerage fees were already included in the Shipping & Handling
costs.

Another post I made yesterday apparently got buggered up and appeared
simply as me quoting myself.  What it was supposed to say, was I had to
correct an earlier post where I implied that Canada Customs charged the
$5 fee.  That was incorrect.  It is Canada Post that wants the fee, for
acting as the broker when the shipment comes into Canada.  Canada Customs
is only after the taxes.  And as you mention, other shipping companies
will charge even more...

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada