 Local / Canada / 1784
Re: Largest Lego collection in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:23:23 GMT

Well here is my count.  I have kept a fairly detailed spreadsheet since I came
out of my dark ages about 4 years ago.  It has everything except bricklink/ebay
loose parts purchases/trades, so it is fairly accurate:

Total LEGO pieces: 162860
Total sets: 1202
Total unique sets: 528

That doesn't put me anywhere near the top, but it is a decent size collection.

Kevin
--
Tim Strutt wrote:

In lugnet.loc.ca, Andrew Keeping wrote:
Well it's been more than 2 1/2 years since my original posting but I've
finally got a good idea of just how large my collection of Lego sets just
is.  It ended up taking one full room in my house with a bit of overflow
into a second room.
I actually haven't finished doing my complete inventory as I've only
catalogued the complete sets and didn't count several rubbermaid tubs of
loose pieces.  I also have missed about 30 or more sets that I forgot to
count and now they're located at the bottom of the pile where they'll
have to stay for a while.

It turns out that my original guesstimate was off by quite a bit so here
are the numbers so far.
  Total Lego pieces 215,000
  Total sets 1800 (includes doubles, triples and up to 87 copies of one
  set!!)
  Total unique sets 848

It's taken me close to 30 years to accumulate this stash but I'd think
the vast majority of it has been aquired over the past 8 years.  I'll
likely be thinning out some of my extra sets in the next few months to
make room (and money) for new additions to the collection. ;-)

AJ

PS.  I thought it'd be easy to do this task during a move, but with
everything else going on and the challenges of setting up a new house
it's turned into a much longer challenge than I expected. :-p

Well, you got me beat by a long shot.
What I've managed to keep track of on LUGNET shows:
  Total LEGO pieces - 104,479
  Total sets - 723
  Unique sets - 401
Similarly, my collection also is entirely from the last 8 years.
I've got a rubbermaid container of the good parts from my childhood
collection, but nothing enventoried, since they aren't complete.
Due to unemployment though, it hasn't grown much in the last 2 years. :-(
So, the question is, what have you done, or what are you doing with that
massive collection?   ;-)
Here's what I've done with mine (October Train Show in Ottawa):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/Train-Shows/Oct-03/
Tunnel took most of my green, grey, and dark grey collection, as well as
the majority of my 2x4's in other colours underneath.   :-)
Play well.

Tim Strutt