 Local / Canada / 1019
Re: Largest Lego collection in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 03:06:03 GMT

I don't know for sure, but checking the set lists for the LUGNET members in
Canada, the top people are:

James Brown with 117554 pieces and 707 sets.
Eric Lanteigne with 115750 pieces and 520 sets
Jeff Shiner with 87960 pieces and 728 sets.
Jean-Marc Détraz with 49230 pieces and 168 sets.
Kyle Jackson with 47452 pieces and 324 sets.

But those numbers don't account for people who don't have the set list
filled out, or are not even offical LUGNET members.  Also not (likely)
included are the pieces that have been bought via eBay or other sources.

~Adam

In lugnet.loc.ca, Andrew Keeping writes:
I'm moving into a new house in a couple of months and plan to do an inventory
and organization of my collection at that time.  Anyway, this got me thinking.
I wonder who has the largest collection of Lego in Canada?  This could be
broken down into two categories:
1)The most pieces,  and 2)The most complete sets (doubles don't count).

As I said I'll be inventorying my collection when I move, but as it stands now
I'd estimate 120,000 pieces and probably 300+ different sets.

So how large are some of the other collections out there?

AJ