 Local / Canada / 1781
Re: Largest Lego collection in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:12:15 GMT

"Andrew Keeping" <ajs_hobbies@hotmail.com> writes:

It turns out that my original guesstimate was off by quite a bit so here are the
numbers so far.
  Total Lego pieces 215,000
  Total sets 1800 (includes doubles, triples and up to 87 copies of one set!!)
  Total unique sets 848

My numbers are questionable (kept in a text file which I update when I get
new stuff, but I think it could easily be 10 - 20% out). It shows 144,000
Lego pieces from 587 sets. I also have 69,000 MegaBloks pieces including 63
sets, and 1050 Best-Lock pieces from 3 sets. My total estimate, by
coincidence, is the same 215,000, but doesn't count since its not all Lego.

I believe there are at least 2 or 3 people in the Edmonton area that have
considerably more Lego than I do. One likely has 3 or 4 times as much.

I actually never had Lego as a child (had Meccano, Kenner stuff, etc.), so
all of my collection is from the last 10 years or so.

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/